At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 800 people and manage more than £9.1 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions
About the Role
Octopus Real Estate is a specialist real estate investor with more than £2 billion under management across property lending and healthcare investment.
Our property lending team provides fast, bespoke financing across the residential, commercial and development sectors.
Our healthcare team is looking after the needs of an ageing population by investing in care homes and retirement communities. We aim to create exceptional healthcare facilities you’d choose for your loved ones.
We are looking to appoint a new Chief Credit Risk Officer to work across the business responsible for overseeing the credit decisions primarily across our property lending teams. Reporting to the CEO, this is a Senior Leadership role and will be a member of the Octopus Real Estate Management Committee. Whilst this role doesn’t currently have direct reports, the role will be operating in a matrix management environment to support and challenge credit decisions.
- Overseeing the credit function of Octopus Real Estate, across residential, development and commercial lending.
- Working closely with our lending teams to provide guidance and expertise, and ensure consistency across the organisation.
- Be a member of the Octopus Real Estate Management Committee.
- Membership of the Octopus Real Estate Credit Committee.
- Senior approval authority for deals across our products and portfolio.
- Responsibility for managing our Non-Performing Loan book.
- Extensive credit experience in UK property lending, ideally across a wide range of lending styles (including bridge, development and term) and including residential and commercial sectors.
- Senior leadership experience in an alternative / specialist lender.
- Experience of managing complex stakeholders (including institutional investors) and teams.
- Experience of dealing with Property Finance Brokers/ Introducers.
- Experience in generating powerful reports, distilling data into actionable information and insights.
- Must be comfortable using technology and leveraging digital applications.
- Ideally possess a relevant accountancy, banking, property or corporate finance qualification.
- Comfortable working in a matrix management structure.
- Experience in Healthcare real estate would be advantageous but not necessary.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strength:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for. We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold. We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.