At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 800 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions
About the Role
About the role
We are recruiting a senior fund manager to take overall responsibility for our market-leading care home funds team, with over £700m under management. This role will lead a team of 8, be a member of the Octopus Real Estate Management Committee (with over £2bn under management), and potentially chair the Octopus Real Estate Investment Committee.
Our mission is to create exceptional healthcare facilities you’d choose for your loved ones.
- Lead the care homes team, including managing Director-level reports.
- Be a member of the Management Committee of Octopus Real Estate, reporting to the CEO.
- Take overall responsibility for meeting the care home funds’ investment objectives and target returns.
- Working alongside a placement agent, delivering institutional fundraising, including some international travel.
- Manage current investor relations and new investment relations for this market-leading care home franchise. Regularly presenting to institutional investors through the quarterly reporting cycle and helping drive continued fundraising.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with care home operators, developers and agents.
- Continue to develop all fund processes and procedures to ensure a best in class investment manager.
- Help develop a blueprint for the raising of new funds complimentary to Octopus Real Estate’s current product offering.
- Extensive experience as a senior alternative real estate fund manager for a recognised real estate fund management house.
- Ideally healthcare/elderly care experience but not essential.
- MRICS qualified.
- UK real estate specialist.
- Leading fundraising and investor relations efforts.
- Managing a fund team.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strength:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for. We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold. We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.