At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the Role
We are looking for a Commercial Operations Associate to work within the Commercial lending team of Octopus Real Estate, reporting to Ludo Mackenzie.
Octopus Real Estate is a leading specialist real estate investor, with a team of 80 professionals. We provide award-winning finance for the UK property investment and development.
We have over £2.2bn under management on behalf of retail and institutional investors, with a focus on property lending across the UK and equity investment into the healthcare market.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Driving the loan execution process and timeline.
- Managing the KYC & AML processes for each loan.
- Instruction of property professionals including Lawyers, Valuers and Quantity Surveyors.
- Ensuring professional reports are received in a timely manner.
- Become a centre of excellence for internal data and payment systems.
- Working with the underwriting team to prepare the loan file for completion.
- Managing and ensuring accurate loan and borrower data.
- Managing the monthly drawdown process for existing loans with development facilities.
- Writing compliance papers for ‘Higher Than Average Risk’ loans and seeking approval from the MLRO.
- Assisting with Fund establishment and onboarding on institutional investor clients.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience:
- Knowledge of the lending and bridging industry
- Demonstratable work experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
To really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Must be curious and seek to learn and improve whilst instilling automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer:
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.