Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas, and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored, and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
About the Role
Drive the growth of the business with the efficient and rapid launch and development of product/fund ranges whilst meeting all regulatory requirements.
- The team is expanding to support ambitious fund-raising targets and a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape
- You will work with ventures, alternative investments, real estate, and renewables teams
- You’ll interact with a range of stakeholders including fund managers and boards.
- Product governance is a core accountability of the team, and this is a critical position given the importance of launching and managing funds
- The role will also support OAIFM governance and oversight
- Work with product and operations teams to identify and manage privacy risks throughout product development
- Help build privacy into our customer-first culture
- Support high-quality and data-driven reporting to allow our Executives and Board to understand and act on our privacy risks
- Specific monitoring of compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws
- The main of point of contact for Data Protection queries
- Manage the data protection impact assessments (DPIA) process
- Identify, evaluate, and document our data processing activities
- Review data protection related policies and procedures alongside, 3rd party data protection terms/addendums
Knowledge and skills:
- Combination of remote and office-based work
- Good knowledge of data protection/GDPR is required (training and assistance towards a qualification will be given)
- Data protection enthusiast wanting to develop and become a key attribute to the wider R&C team
- Meticulous and methodical
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also on how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful, and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.