At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the Role
In this role you’ll be responsible for maintaining a fantastic relationship with financial advisers. To do this, you will gain (all training provided) excellent knowledge of the products and services Octopus Investments offer and have a passion for building relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide a personalised service to advisers who need urgent or bespoke information for their clients
- Work with Business Development Managers to identify new advisers and key players
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers and Sales Support to develop analytics dashboard insights
- Organise and promote events, including sending invitations, booking venues and managing responses
- Use sales tools to create presentations
- Speak to financial advisers to help them with existing clients they are due to see
- Follow up on ISA transfers where applicable
- Complete research on financial advisers
- Maintain data on our financial advisers
- Contact advisers on product updates
- Call advisers to thank them for business received
- Ensure that notes on the CRM system are entered correctly
- Resolve inbound verbal, email and written enquiries from our customers (investors and their financial advisers), ensuring the customer is always at the heart of everything we do
- Take ownership for all enquiries until resolution, even those you can’t resolve immediately, giving our customers updates on progress to prevent follow ups
- Use your natural flair to engage with customers, empathise when things don’t go as well as we’d like them to, and help them really understand that Octopus has customer experience at its core
- Make courtesy calls to potential investors when they order literature, check they have received all the required information and see if there are any questions they might have
- Gathering feedback by listening to our customers and proposing improvements (e.g. to process, systems, service or literature) to enhance the client experience
• Be highly self-motivated, driven and organised
• Organisational and task management skills are a must
• Be passionate and eager to succeed
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Experience using Excel
• Experience with CRMs, Microsoft Dynamics preferred
• Be comfortable delivering complex or difficult messages
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.