Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the vital technology that empowers forward-thinking, entrepreneurial advisers and wealth managers to build the efficient, customer-centric businesses of the future. Powered by Seccl, they can scale faster, become more valuable and improve their service — by operating their own platform.
And we help fintechs to realise their ambitions, by providing plug-and-play access to financial markets. With us at their core, they can build innovative investment or advice solutions on top of our technology quickly and cheaply.
We recently became part of the Octopus Group – an innovative group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into financial services and energy. Founded in 2000, Octopus now manages more than £8.6 billion, and its companies have more than a million customers between them.
You will be responsible for
- Help build a range of exciting new developments
- Oversee and coordinate a growing back end and front end engineering team, test team and devops from sprint planning to release
- Hire, develop and retain a world class team
- Work with senior team to contribute to the technology vision and strategy and develop a team structure that can scale to billions
- Ensure engineering culture evolves in line with the founders vision
Who are we looking for?
- Experience working in a hyper growth business. We plan to grow the business by 100x over the next 18 months
- A hands on engineer, although we intend to grow rapidly, a love of working on real engineering problems is key, this isn’t a stakeholder management role
- Quantified experience of hiring, developing and retaining a high quality engineering team including devops and testing
- Coordinate and collaborate across multiple product roadmaps. There is currently one sprint team but we expect this to grow to 5 very quickly so joining the feature and release dots across multiple teams will be critical
- Experience of Node JS, MongoDB and React
- Experience of Amazon Web Services and knowledge of Serverless environments
- Previous experience of wealth management or stockbroking is beneficial alternatively experience in any high growth, high volume API based B2B business would be fantastic
- Strong project management skills
- Delivery focused and strong commercial awareness
How do we work?
We’re a team that of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We’re based in the historic City of Bath, just 10 minutes’ walk from the train station.
And the vital statistics?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & life assurance
Like what you see? Just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Head of People, Rebecca, will be in touch