Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas, and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored, and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
About the Role
About the role
The Investor Operations team are responsible for several aspects of the client life cycle. They will facilitate client data input and updates, the deceased process and the processing of ad-hoc client request/queries. A range of regulatory requirements must be adhered to, as well as identify opportunities to streamline the processes and enhance current technology, in order to effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Deceased process including marking the account, processing ISA wrapper removals & send out bereavement packs.
- Dealing with deceased withdrawal, liquidation and transfer instructions.
- Training on transfer of assets to beneficiaries
- Setting up clients including KYC & AML requirements.
- Updating management information systems.
- Managing a busy email inbox.
- Liaising with other departments including accounts, sales/marketing and compliance.
- Help with streamlining procedures and processes.
- Quality checking work of colleagues.
- Assisting with occasional direct mailings.
- Adhoc system testing (of proposed system enhancements)
- Working with the data team architect to ensure clean and accurate system data.
- Document management.
- Producing and assisting the VCT /EIS certification team.
- Dealing with post returned to Octopus.
- Tasking of work items to other departments work flow system
- Attending other departmental meetings & updating the team.
- Compliance with FCA requirements and rules (Client Money, Systems and controls and client assets)
- Strong attention to detail and/or data entry
- Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to the needs of the team as they arise
- A willingness to take ownership and coordinate between internal/external customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in Financial Services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel and Word
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.