About Octopus The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And were always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
The mission of the IT team is to provide innovative and reliable technology solutions to help the business and their clients work smarter and more efficiently. The IT team has grown significantly over the last year in terms of numbers of people, systems supported and projects to deliver. Technology is seen as the enabler to helping the company further differentiate itself on customer service as well as allowing it to grow rapidly without constraining the business.
About the Role
We'll love you if:
- You’re proud of your last TSQL, PL/SQL data report
- You create documentation because you enjoy it!
- Python to you is NOT a reptile
- PowerShell, C#, .NET and SQL are treasured members of your family
- MS Dynamics excites you
- You’re passionate about Application Support delivery
- You have a strong background in scripting languages
- HOW is just as important as WHAT you do
- You are a confident communicator, enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
You'll love us if you enjoy:
- Solving problems - things happen and you're there to fix them
- Reading & debugging code
- Being one of the go-to people for specialist technical knowledg
- Having passion about customer experience and a commitment to exceeding expectations
- Daily maintenance of production applications & software
- Developing tools using PowerShell, Python and SQL
- Collaborating with relevant application system owners to improve support & communication
- Providing ad-hoc specialist support for development projects
- Software & application maintenance experience
- Technical documentation creation experience
- Good knowledge of PowerShell, SQL and a programming language (.NET, Python)
- Good understanding of stakeholder engagement
- Experience using and supporting of MS Dynamics
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe
- We love entrepreneurs
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 20 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Flexible working hours
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits
- Relaxed, creative environment
- Stunning office
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.