This could be a great opportunity for Junior Project Manager looking to take the next step in a supportive team environment where you'll thrive!
Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
Labs use the latest technology to build state of the art systems to support our business processes. Our team are constantly looking for innovative technologies, and people at all levels of the function are encourage and expected to contribute with ideas on how we can improve our products. We embrace diversity and have people from a wide range of backgrounds working both in the UK and from countries around the world.
About the Role
As an IT Operations Project Manager you will work in a team of three, driving a range of project initiatives of varying size and complexity. You will strive to deliver on time, on cost, projects of the highest quality through effective planning and documentation, following established project methodology and governance.
What you’ll do
- Defining project resource requirements in conjunction with the Technical Delivery teams
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creating and maintaining project documentation, including all relevant registers
- Creating user guides and training for both end users and handovers to technical teams
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to accurately capture requirements
- Processing required project data (system access lists, software lists, user access lists etc.)
- Monitor, report, and communication effectively on project progress
- Be the go-to person for project guidance within IT Operations
What you’ll need
- End to end project management experience combined with excellent stakeholder management skills
- A familiarity with core project management principles and methodologies
- Ability to create processes, procedures, and excellent project documentation skills
- Top rate Excel skills
- The ability to see the big picture but focus on the detail as required
- A highly organised approach with excellent prioritisation skills, combined with the flexibility to adapt, and change
- HOW is just as important as WHAT you do
- You are a confident communicator, enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
Even better if, but not essential
- Previous experience either working in an IT team or working in partnership with IT on technology projects
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Big Picture), but not essential
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- PRINCE2 Practitioner accreditation (opportunity to be trained if you don’t have this already)
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.