At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the Role
The Sales Support role is to provide support and assistance to the sales team by removing any tasks which take them away from maximising revenue. We speak to advisors and provide administrative support such as writing up meeting notes, sending out literature, creating illustrations and providing excellent service to clients. We act strategically by planning campaigns to support the execution of individual business plans. We complete analysis to identify hot spots and quick wins and proactively highlight leads which will assist BDMs to hit their objectives. We share experiences and best practice across all regions.
Sales Support collaborate with other areas across the business. We work with Business line managers to provide product distribution analysis. We work with third party commentators such as Allenbridge and Martin Churchill to complete third party due diligence which assists with business wins. We work with events to ensure the smooth running of seminars and provide analysis on the back of these. We work with marketing to review campaigns and share successes. We support the investor team and account managers with overflow calls and the on-boarding team by matching up applications using pipeline when required.
We are there to provide various tasks across the business, react quickly to requests and are proactive to ensure opportunities are not missed.
- Experience in a support role within financial services
- Demonstrated an eagerness to learn on the job
- Displayed a can do attitude to complete BAU in required time frames
- Shown progression during call listening
- Supported senior team members in projects to help improve processes
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver a consistent and reliable support service to the BDM Team to allow them to focus on sales
- Have a confident telephone manner and be happy to deal with financial advisers, knowing when to spot sales opportunities/leads
- 1st point of contact on (overflow) inbound calls
- Responding to requests from BDMs and advisers
- Record meeting notes onto the CRM system, including feedback on our proposition and allocation of follow up tasks
- Complete meeting follow up with advisers for External BDMs including the sending out of literature
- Produce client illustrations within agreed timescales
- Assist the Events Manager in the organisation of seminars and events
- Work with the BDMs to help them achieve their goals and targets by providing regular MI to drive activity and business in each region as requested by the BDMs
- Contributing to virtual product teams by providing data analysis
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn about Octopus products
- Providing adviser feedback to BDMs
- Proactively build relationships with colleagues and communicate effectively
- Embed efficient working practices and communicate internally and externally in a professional manner
- Support senior team members to help implement initiatives within the business
- Experience in a support role within financial services
- Confident in challenging the norm is essential
- Ability to learn to pull data from in house systems and complete analysis prior to circulating
- Experience in a client services/support role working closely with the sales team would be hugely beneficial
- Must have a background improving processes
- Must be approachable and work well in a team
- Ensure accuracy and adherence to timescales in all tasks
· Appetite to learn and willingness to be challenged. Seeks and is open to feedback from colleagues and the wider business
Other job specific experience/technical skills/abilities
- Flexibility is essential in terms of the need to complete a variety of tasks and meet the different needs of the BDMs
- Well organised, and be able demonstrate the ability to multi-task, prioritise & pay attention to detail
- Outgoing, proactive with a friendly manner
- Prior experience of dealing with customers and Sales teams on the telephone
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strength:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for. We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold. We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.