Senior Data Insights Analyst
At Octopus, we’re entrepreneurs and we’re investors, on a mission to back the people, ideas and industries that will change the world.
We think working here is great, but we’re understandably bias. Click here to explore Life at Octopus.
About the Role
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to join a growing team in an exiting period of transformation where you will be at the forefront of shaping how the business uses data& insight. You will have the opportunity to explore new technologies and we consider development a priority.
In this role you will also be leading an engaging team of three this is, a great opportunity for those that want to get into management or those that want to develop themselves and others.
The team is still relatively new to the business being only a couple of years old, you will report directly into the Head of Data Insights, and have three Data Insights Analyst that you will managed.
What will you be doing?
- Managing, coaching, and supporting a small team of Insights Analysts.
- Helping the wider business become more data driven by partnering with end-users and delivering insights that drive real commercial impact.
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders to define the right metrics and data requirements for different business processes,whilst understanding reporting requirements and building appropriate automated BI reports & relevant, engaging, and reliable dashboards.
- Working with product managers and data engineers to identify the right data sources and calculation requirements to support analysis and reporting.
- Experience managing, or coaching, more junior team members.
- Strong SQL experience - you will be very comfortable writing SQL queries and manipulating large, disparate data sets.
- Experience creating business focussed, compelling and insightful self-serve analytics solutions using BI tools.
- Knowledge & experience of data-warehousing.
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical mindset – you proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probe all the facts and consider other perspective.
- Track record of taking ownership of analytical projects end-to-end.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. What’s the worst that can happen?
This role will evolve as we grow and develop. So, if you are looking for a challenge in a fast paced and dynamic business, we can deliver on that.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Untracked holiday
🏡 Hybrid working – most of our people spend 50% of their time in the office
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Wellness Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Up to 6 months paid parental leave regardless of gender
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We think working here is great, but understandably we're biased - click here to learn more about Life at Octopus.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.