Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
Octopus Group: Octopus Energy | Octopus Giving | Octopus Investments | Octopus Renewables | Octopus Real Estate | Octopus Ventures | Seccl Technology | Octopus Wealth
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Insights Analyst to join the Data Insight team within Octopus Investments. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in an exciting period of transformation where you will be at the forefront of shaping how the business uses data & insight.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Helping the wider business become more data driven by partnering with end-users and delivering insights that drive real commercial impact
- Working with sales managers to define the right metrics and data requirements for different processes, such as sales pipeline generation and conversion
- Understanding reporting requirements and building appropriate automated BI reports & relevant, engaging and reliable dashboards
- Working with product managers and data engineers to identify the right data sources and calculation requirements to support reporting
- Analysing performance data (e.g. conversion rates, correlations) to identify opportunities and issues
- Providing ad hoc support to end-users regarding data access and report maintenance
- Driving up data quality (completeness, reliability, clarity, etc.) throughout the data supply chain
- Raising the bar in how we conduct analysis and data ingestion as a team, primarily through optimisation and automation of reporting and the integration of new data systems
Essential experience & characteristics:
- Strong SQL experience - you will be very comfortable writing SQL queries and manipulating large, disparate data sets
- Experience coaching more junior team members
- Experience creating business focussed, compelling and insightful self-serve analytics solutions using Power BI (experience from other BI tools will be considered)
- Great people skills - this role will involve working with lots of internal stakeholders both technical and non-technical
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical mindset – you proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probe all the facts and consider other perspective
- Track record of taking ownership of analytical projects end-to-end
- Experience defining and introducing metrics to business processes
- Experience working in or alongside data engineering teams to deliver data solutions
- Detail-orientated with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy
Nice to have:
- Experience using DBT.
- Experience building DAX measures.
- Knowledge & experience of data-warehousing.
- Experience working with B2B sales teams.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.