At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice.
We provide the vital technology that empowers forward-thinking, entrepreneurial advisers and wealth managers to build the efficient, customer-centric businesses of the future. Powered by Seccl, they can grow more quickly, expand into new and exciting areas and deliver a better experience for their customers.
And we help fintechs to realise their ambitions, by providing plug-and-play access to financial markets. With us at their core, they can build innovative investment or advice solutions on top of our technology quickly and cheaply.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services. We want to change both these industries for the better, to reinvent them the way they should be, improving the lives of millions of people.
How can you help?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Engineering Manager to help scale our Engineering function at an exciting time in our growth. You will do this by building strong Product teams by supporting their developers and processes. You will play a key role in the continued development of our strong, psychologically safe Engineering culture of continual learning, trust, empowerment and experimentation are at the heart. It is unlikely that you will be hands-on with code but you will need enough technical experience to contribute to technical discussions and be able to empathise with the technical team.
About the Role
What will you be doing?
- Evolving our CI/CD tooling and pipelines for continuous development – we have recently moved some of our pipelines to GitHub Actions
- Managing/mentoring junior engineers
- Developing alerting, monitoring and incident management practices and the tools that support them using modern SRE principles
- Build upon our DevOps culture across the Product and Engineering organisations, sharing modern practices and always challenging the status quo.
- Providing support and guidance to the development team in areas such as onboarding, CI/CD, investigating platform issues etc.
- Helping automate our cloud infrastructure in AWS using modern Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll be someone who has at 4-5 years experience in DevOps or developer based roles.
- Has used a major CI tool such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, TeamCity etc.
- Has experience in Devops and Site Reliability Engineering principles– CI/CD pipelines, monitoring and alerting, containers, automation etc.
- Is collaborative and can see the bigger picture at a systems level as well as the detail
- Is comfortable is a fast paced, ever changing and improving development environment.
Any AWS or other cloud experience a plus but full training will be provided.
How do we work?
We’re a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We’re based in the historic City of Bath, a stone’s throw from the train station. (Literally. You could hit it from our office.)
And the vital statistics?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & life assurance
Like what you see? Just send your CV to [email protected] and our Head of People, Rebecca, will be in touch