Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas, and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored, and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
About the Role
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to work within the Finance team, reporting to the Financial Controller.
Are you an experienced Senior Accountant who really wants to help shape and drive the future success of Octopus? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an instant impact and make positive change within an innovative company that is changing the world?
You’ll join our fast-paced and busy team supporting an ambitious, high-growth organisation to take ownership of the regulatory reporting requirements across the Group, as well as drive control improvements in our processes.
You’ll work with the Risk & Compliance team to ensure a robust reporting process, including the FCA and ONS for multiple entities within the Group, as well as driving quality improvements in the Finance reporting processes to ensure the highest standards are maintained while Octopus continues its future growth.
What you’ll do
- Oversee preparation of all regulatory reporting across the Group entities, ensuring these are completed accurately and to required deadlines.
- Design and implement a robust control framework that prevents and detects issues in a timely manner and that is adopted throughout the team
- Clearly document accounting policies and processes ensuring resilience across the team
- Lead other ad hoc projects as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with significant post-qualification experience
- Experience in FCA/FSA reporting including MIF001-MIF005, FSA029, FSA030, FIN066/FIN069
- Excellent technical skills, including FRS 102 across both company-only and Group reporting
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to deliver accuracy in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing team requirements.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
💰 A competitive salary and pension
🏡 Flexible working
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also on how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful, and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.