Octopus is a group of innovative, entrepreneurial businesses investing in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world. We are experts in financial services and energy, and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.6* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors. Our energy supply business is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, reaching 3.1 million customers in just five years, and is the only supplier to be recommended by Which? four years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Seccl Technology are all part of Octopus Group. Visit octopusgroup.com.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Power BI Developer to join the Data Insights team within Octopus Investments. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in an exciting period of transformation where you will be at the forefront of shaping how the business uses data & insight. You will be the ‘go-to PowerBI person’ in the team, spearheading the development and rollout of PowerBI across the business.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Providing end-to-end delivery of enterprise-level Power BI solutions for OI.
- Gathering, clarifying, and developing requirements with stakeholders.
- Leading the architectural design, governance, and adoption of Power BI.
- Using a working knowledge of modern data warehousing frameworks to work closely with the Data Engineering team to define data solutions.
- Building and delivering Power BI training.
- Ownership of the Power BI development roadmap.
- Creating and maintaining complete and accurate solution design documents.
Essential experience & characteristics:
- Experience developing end-to-end Power BI reporting and analytics solutions
- Excellent knowledge SQL, DAX, and Power Query (M)
- Strong understanding of data modelling concepts
- Proficiency in data visualisation and report design
- Experience working in or alongside data engineering teams to deliver data solutions
- Experience of designing and delivering Power BI training.
- Great people skills - this role will involve working with lots of internal stakeholders both technical and non-technical.
- Desire to learn new technologies and continuously develop new skills and expertise.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of DBT.
- Experience of coaching more junior team members.
- Experience working for a similar, fast paced Financial Services company.
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year