At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the Role
Octopus Labs is hiring a Tech lead to lead a team that build high volume FinTech platforms from the ground up. The Tech Lead will be a visible Leader who provides technical direction for the team, instils confidence in their ability to deliver high quality, secure and scalable products and provides technical guidance and direction to both the tech team and the business. The Tech Lead will ‘own’ technical excellence for their workstream and lead all others Devs (Back End and Front End) and also give testers assistance where necessary, especially around co-ordinating on automation.
OUR TECH STACK
At Octopus Labs we’re building everything a suite of micro-services. We have two teams. One is building micro-services in Python, running on Tornado and hosted on Kubernetes in Google Cloud. The other team, dealing with decommissioning of legacy systems, is building micro-services in .Net core on Azure. Our front-end developers use React. All backend teams use MySQL databases. Jenkins for our deployment pipeline and Sentry for exception reporting. We are integrating everything, from our own micro-services to third-party tools, into Slack.
- Flexible working hours
- Stunning office
- Competitive Salary + benefits
- Diverse/multinational team
- Python developer with several years of experience.
- You code because you love to "build stuff".
- You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.