At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the Role
About the role:
Octopus Choice and Octopus Cash are products of our fintech incubator, both under four years old and led by technology, bringing value and convenience to thousands of customers who save and invest with us.
As a member of the Operations team, you will be responsible for dealing with multiple aspects of the customer lifecycle; such as on-boarding new customers, performing regulatory checks, managing client’s payments and withdrawals and performing reconciliations on our accounts. You will be involved in helping us streamline our operational processes as we look to scale – working with engineers and product managers to automate the day-to-day tasks and continually looking to improve the customer experience. Beyond your daily tasks you will be on hand to support the customer team helping them deal with inbound queries ensuring our clients have an excellent experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth onboarding of new clients from enquiry to investment
- Manage our investors accounts to comply with regulatory rules and regulations
- Responding to requests and queries from Advisers, Clients and internal staff by letter, email and telephone
- Managing the flow of client money to maintain accurate accounting records
- Perform reconciliations for the client money account and internal account
- Assist with daily BAU as required
- Must be a good problem solver who approaches new problems with enthusiasm
- Ensure accuracy and adherence to timescales in all tasks
- Seeks and is open to feedback from colleagues and the wider business
- Must be approachable and work well with multiple teams
- The ability to maintain attention to detail whilst dealing with complex tasks
- Desire to go above and beyond to provide EPIC customer experience
- Ability to be patient and empathise whilst dealing with customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel
- Displays a can do attitude to complete BAU in required timeframes
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible with work assigned to them on a daily basis
- Critically analyse processes with a view to delivering positive change
- A proactive, can-do, customer focused attitude
- Well organised, demonstrates the ability to multi-task, prioritise & pay attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.