Developer Team Lead
Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
Labs use the latest technology to build state of the art systems to support our business processes. Our team are constantly looking for new technologies, and people at all levels of the function are encourage and expected to contribute with ideas on how we can improve our products. We embrace diversity and have people from a wide range of backgrounds working both in the UK and from countries around the world.
About the Role
As a Development Team Lead, your key focus is People and Delivery. Your expertise in these areas will complement the technical excellence of high performing, multi-disciplinary team of Developers. Together you’ll be an unstoppable force, building resilient and high-performing back-office systems from the ground up!
What you’ll do
- You will work closely with the Product Managers to understand the Product roadmaps and plan and estimate current priorities and future delivery with the team and the Tech Lead.
- Own and run the day-to-day Scrum ceremonies.
- Task management for the Developers and QA and empower the team to deliver high quality, secure and scalable products using Agile principles.
- You will manage, inspire, mentor and support the careers of your team of cross-functional developers, taking technical direction from the Tech Lead where appropriate.
- Seek out new tools and methodologies to evolve our development processes.
What you’ll need
Essential experience includes:
- The ability to lead, mentor and line manage a team of 5-10 people.
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in an organisation.
Nice to have, but skills you can learn:
- Experience following Agile principles and using SCRUM practices in a previous role.
- Experience working with remote teams.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.