Octopus is a group of innovative, entrepreneurial businesses investing in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world. We are experts in financial services and energy, and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.6* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors. Our energy supply business is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, reaching 3.1 million customers in just five years, and is the only supplier to be recommended by Which? four years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Seccl Technology are all part of Octopus Group. Visit octopusgroup.com.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
About the Role
🎉The marketing and communications function have three parts, two audience centric marketing teams and a centre of expertise. This role sits within the 5 strong digital marketing team within the centre of expertise. The centre of expertise consists of digital, content, events, design and comms capability.
You will be working across all Octopus businesses apart from Octopus Energy, Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus Wealth and Seccl by Octopus.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to own the websites and SEO strategy and execution.
The role is responsible for
- Managing and supporting a team of 2 direct reports
- Developing and implementing the websites and SEO strategy
- Being accountable for the team developing and implementing the websites, campaign and SEO strategy and execution
What the job involves
Digital channels and customer experience
- Maintain and enhance exceptional customer experiences across the Octopus websites and multiple digital touchpoints to increase engagement and conversion
- Oversee the creation and implementation of digital strategies for multi-channel campaigns across different Octopus businesses as part of cross-department working groups delivering against business KPIs
- Own the SEO strategy and manage the SEO agency
Data and analysis
- Implement and maintain tracking solutions (Google suite, Hotjar, Segment, Amplitude, etc.) and report performance against key KPIs; not to put in a filing cabinet, but to learn from, and to evolve the relationship/strategy with sales, cost-per-acquisition, funnel performance, cost-per-lead, ROI and audience segmentation going forwards
- Own and drive the optimisation strategy (including the various testing plans) and execution, drive an optimisation mindset and educate wider team on key learnings
- Measures and optimises key website journeys and campaigns to improve customer experience and conversion working with the wider marketing team
Leadership and team management
- Develop, motivate and guide direct reports.
- Recommend and execute suitable digital channel strategies to help achieve campaign objectives across Octopus Investments (across multiple audiences), Octopus Real Estate and Octopus Ventures.
- Experience of creating and implementing an SEO strategy, managing an agency and a proven track record of achieving SEO goals
- Experience content managing websites
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify critical issues and opportunities, evaluate options and provide clear recommendations for improved conversion and customer experience
- Strong analytical skills with consultative approach. Capability to transform online KPI data into actionable insights and execute upon them
- Previous experience of line management
- Ability and experience communicating to a wide range of stakeholders across functions and organisational levels
- Working with an established analytics stack, including campaign, content management tools and CRMs
- Meticulous organisation and planning
- Project/campaign management and delivery
- Strong attention to detail
Useful to have experience with the following tools:
✅ Google suite of tools
✅ Sprout Social
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.