At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the Role
Octopus Real Estate is looking for a Regional Business Development Manager based in the South West of England. The External Business Development Managers (EBDMs) must be highly motivated, articulate, passionate people who thrive whilst working in a fast paced sales team. The team is expanding rapidly and they aim to provide a level of technical expertise and personal service that is unrivaled in the financial services industry. You will be responsible for the delivery of lending targets across a defined region. Our EBDMs are not just best in class, they are expected to deliver world class service to their brokers and clients.
- Achieve and exceed sales targets as set by the Head of North Sales.
- Be the focal point for all brokers and clients within your region.
- Assist the internal business development team in chasing new inquiries and pipeline applications.
- Hold face to face meetings with brokers and clients.
- Please note this role will be be based working from home in either Leeds, Nottingham or Birmingham.
What were looking for:
- A thorough understanding of the UK property finance industry. You will have existing relationships in the property broker market with the ability to build and maintain your own panel.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Committed to providing 1st class customer service.
- Experience working for a property lender in a business development role.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.