This could be a part-time opportunity for the right individual (4 days per week).
Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
At Labs we are constantly working to ensure Octopus is irreplaceable to our customers through best practice use of technology, transforming sales productivity and customer experience. You’ll be working with a brilliant team technical team delivering products to thousands of customers, improving the lives of millions of people in the process. We are responsible for all of the services that power Octopus Investments, providing financial services to thousands of advisors and investors.
About the Role
Picking up from the delivery of phase 1 of our Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to take a steer on the implementation of future phases including the configuration and rollout of Dynamics for Marketing. We’re at the start of a digital transformation, having moved to a modern microservices architecture. With customer experience and data at its heart, the role will be crucial to our success.
What you'll do
- Capturing requirements from the business that will allow us to deliver maximum value from the CRM and articulating them in the form of user stories
- Working with a lead product manager and stakeholders across the business to create the CRM strategy and vision
- Developing great relationships with commercial and operational teams
- Creating and maintaining a prioritised product roadmap of features
- Bringing in the voice of the customer to the team, prioritising the job to be done on the highest value items
- Communicating brilliantly, keeping everyone informed of what is going on
- Using quantitative and qualitative insights to make product selections and measure success
- Proposing solutions that balance the business outcome with technical complexity and feasibility and gaining buy-in from the business
- Using your experience of Microsoft Dynamics to implement changes aligned to our Software Development Lifecycle
- Collaborating with engineering teams to solve technical problems
- With a focus on action, you’ll deliver iteratively to maximise value, get quick feedback and learn.
What you'll bring
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- You’ve built great products before, delivering value through a brilliant user experience
- You’re experienced in deploying and using Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the wider Power Platform
- Experience of North 52 or any other commercial rules engine would be a bonus
- You’re familiar with all elements of product management from discovery to delivery
- You’re comfortable using technology and are used to working with a team of engineers
- You’re familiar with APIs and would be comfortable working on an API spec
- With strong analytical skills, you are comfortable working with data to make informed selections
- You thrive in granular detail, and your understanding of how the data works and flows means you can solve the problem at hand
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following characteristics:
- Positive and able to find a way, guiding product discussions to make things better, maintaining a positive attitude and showing empathy even in the face of challenges.
- Great at maintaining focus on delivering the most value, confident in making difficult decisions to ensure the product team isn’t distracted from its key purpose.
- Customer-centric, ensuring we do what is right for customers
- A great team player, able to connect with teams across Octopus to deliver a great outcome for customers whilst being willing to give and receive feedback.
- A fantastic listener and communicator. Everyone you interact with feels like they know what is going on and are kept up to date with changes.
- A focus on simplicity. Experience in solving business problems with out-of-the-box Microsoft Dynamics solutions and able to communicate complex concepts simply.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.