Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Head of Marketing – Planning and Operations to run an internal agency for Octopus’ marketing team.
You'll be responsible for full workflow management to deliver brilliant quality digital, design and copy in partnership with commercially aligned marketing managers. You should be familiar with setting a high quality bar, as well as excellence in marketing operations, developing and embedding operational processes and procedures, and project management and delivery.
The role will require someone technical with an eye for deadlines and deliverables, as well as the skill to understand and work with a wide range of stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the development and implementation of processes, tools, infrastructure, and technology to support and improve the operations of the marketing agency function
- Directly manage the public affairs, communications, digital, design, events and content teams
- Be responsible for supporting the development of the Marketing strategy alongside the Distribution Marketing Heads
- Be responsible for building quarterly plans (based on the annual strategy) and supporting the successful delivery of these plans
- Coordinate the implementation of strategic transformation activities, including new technology platforms and be responsible for the successful delivery of them
- Drive a strategy that is data-led, building processes, and introducing methodologies to better understand, use and share marketing data and utilise to drive an improved strategy
- Develop a plan for improvements to the team’s current marketing activities, performance, and investment against industry best practices
- Own the budgeting process and work with teams to build a budget aligned to strategy
- Oversee training and development for the team, helping to build a best-in-class marketing function
What you’ll need
- Preferred experience in a marketing agency, management consultancy, or research agency with a background in working in high performing, efficient and fast-paced teams
- Hands-on experience of CRM and Marketing Automation Platforms (Martech)
- Experience in building, implementing, and embedding processes to drive efficiency and an improved output
- Brilliant at managing and motivating your Team
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Process and quality orientation with attention to detail, highly analytical, innovative, motivated, organised, high energy team player
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail is essential; must be metrics-driven and results-oriented.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.