Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
About the Role
Our HRBPs provide direction and input around all people and organisational matters and work within their business area to translate business need into People requirements, ensuring People plans are set out and actions delivered. Working in a Team of four, our HRBPs are trusted advisors, have strong client relationships with senior leadership and engagement with all people managers in their areas. You’ll have oversight of all People-related issues for your areas, often working in collaboration with the broader people team.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the translation and delivery of the People team strategy & objectives to align with the business unit’s operational strategy
- Drive the definition and delivery of an effective People Plan including all key elements of the employee lifecycle (attraction, on boarding, retention, engagement, talent management, succession planning and leadership development)
- Provide support to the People Director and wider People team to deliver key projects
- Ownership of key People processes in your business area e.g. Performance management, Talent Management & Succession Planning, Workforce Planning, Employee Engagement, Organisational change and structural changes
- Lead on ER cases where necessary
- Contribute to the development and implementation of career paths, salary bandings and remuneration frameworks based on business and market knowledge
- Tracking and analysing key people data and metrics (Engagement survey, feedback, HR metrics) to identify trends that need addressing and where applicable support the implementation of further initiatives and actions
- Facilitate people focused workshops and events
- Coach People Leaders when required
- Desirable – CIPD qualified, studying towards this, or equivalent educational achievement
- Knowledge of current best practice, trends and evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Skills & Competencies
- Role model: Exemplary ‘how’ behaviours and demonstrates the Octopus values (helpful, bold & straightforward)
- Effective communicator: Communicates challenges and influences a variety of stakeholders effectively. Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Adaptable: Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Is able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements;
- Resilient: Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set-backs or when dealing with provocative situations.
- Self-motivated: Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment and motivation;
- Problem solver: Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Transforms proposals/ideas into practical reality;
- Coaching and providing feedback to colleagues & key stakeholders
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.