Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world.
We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs – our financial wellbeing and our planet’s future – are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that’s in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business - Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Moneycoach, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit octopusgroup.com.
About the Role
About the role
This role is responsible for the day to day Investment Operations processing. This includes booking and confirming trades. Producing valuations, dealing with queries relating to performance. Processing transfers, transaction settlement, dividend processing, corporate actions, processing fees and regulatory reporting such as TR1s, 8.3s, transaction reporting and 10% drop.
Essential Job Functions
Delivery of the following:
- Performance Analytics
- Valuation review and generation
- Trading and rebalancing
- Fee collection
- Corporate Action and Dividend payments
- Settlements of the following:
- Equity trades
- Unquoted stock
- Stock Transfers and Nominee services
- VCT Buy back service
- Compliance with FCA requirements and rules (Client Money, Systems and controls, COBS and client assets) and compliance with other bodies rules (PTM etc)
- Regulatory reporting
- Transaction Reporting
- 10% drop
- Monitoring and confirmation of all client assets (stock and cash / electronic and safe custody) for Octopus (where held by the team)
- Reporting the investigation and resolving any reconciliation breaks
- Middle office experience
- Strong problem solving and organisational abilities
- Customer Focused
- Hands on team player
- Adaptable and flexible
- Competent with both written and oral communication with people at all levels
- Well organised and thorough
- Personable with the ability to deal with people of all levels
- Mature and confident
- Works well under pressure and can conform to tight deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills, specifically analytical problem solving
- Ability to perform multiple tasks accurately
- A flexible attitude to work undertaken
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Able to react quickly in a pressurised environment and make decisions.
- Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
- Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.