Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
Are you looking for your first step into the financial services industry? Octopus is a market leading Investment firm that put's employees and customers at the heart of what we do.
About the Role
About the role:
As the Customer Support, reporting into the Head of Investor & Sales Support, you will play an important role in offering a first class service to our customers.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Provide a personalised service to our investors
- Resolve inbound verbal, email and written enquiries from our investors and ensuring the customer is always at the heart of everything we do
- Ensure that notes on the CRM system are entered correctly
- Gathering feedback by listening to and proposing improvements (e.g. to process, systems, service or literature) to enhance the client experience
- Use your natural flair to engage with investors, empathise when things don’t go as well as we’d like them to, and help them really understand that Octopus has customer experience at its core
- Making outbound calls to existing investors to make them aware VCTs are open
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience
- Organisational and task management skills are a must
- Worked towards service KPIs
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience with CRMs
- Be comfortable delivering complex or difficult messages
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be passionate about giving an excellent service
- Be highly self-motivated, driven and organised
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. These are the principles that guide us as an organisation.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year