At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the Role
About the role:
We’re looking for an Investor relationship manager to work within the Sales and Customer team reporting to Head of Customer.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Provide a personalised service to our investors
- Resolve inbound verbal, email and written enquiries from our investors and ensuring the customer is always at the heart of everything we do
- Ensure that notes on the CRM system are entered correctly
- Gathering feedback by listening to and proposing improvements (e.g. to process, systems, service or literature) to enhance the client experience
- Use your natural flair to engage with investors, empathise when things don’t go as well as we’d like them to, and help them really understand that Octopus has customer experience at its core
- Making outbound calls to existing investors to make them aware VCTs are open
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience
- Organisational and task management skills are a must
- Worked towards service KPIs
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience with CRMs
- Be comfortable delivering complex or difficult messages
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be passionate about giving an excellent service
- Be highly self-motivated, driven and organised
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer:
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.