About the Role
At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems; they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions
About the role
Do you love learning and development? Great so do we!
We are looking for a passionate and skilled L&D professional to come and hit the ground running here at Octopus. We want someone who understands and demonstrates that the how is just as important as the what. Someone who works best being able to use their skills and creativity to do the right thing. If this sounds like you then get in touch.
For this to work, you will need to have proven experience in and be able to demonstrate the following:
- SDI accredited facilitator - we use this across the whole organisation!
- You can fully design learning inventions, from scoping the need, to creating the content and materials needed – these will be for face to face, virtual and digital learning sessions
- You need to be an excellent deliverer of learning interventions (121/group/training/facilitation/coaching/mentoring)
- Have worked with LMS or LXP systems
- Work well with and influence a variety of stakeholders across the organisation
- Maintain clear project plans and records of learning activity including improvement plans
- Love working in fast paced environments, managing time and priorities
- To be proactive and able to make decisions in line with our values of Bold, Straightforward and Helpful
- Knowledge of running interventions in the following topics:
- Emotional intelligence
- Transactional Analysis
- Train the Trainer
- Communicating effectively
- Career development
- High performance
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.