Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
The marketing and communications function has three parts, two strategic marketing teams and a centre of expertise. This role sits within one of the strategic functions reporting to the Head of Retail Marketing. The centre of expertise has digital, content, events, design and comms capability.
About the Role
We’re looking for a fantastic marketing executive who will work with our marketing manager to execute campaigns, account-based marketing and sales enablement content for large financial advice networks. It covers all product areas including Venture Capital Trusts, inheritance tax investments and Enterprise Investment schemes. You’ll also support the rest of the team with sales content and campaign execution. You’ll thrive if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and get a kick out of making things happen.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage new and periodic updates to sales content including decks, factsheets and brochures. Ensure content aligns to a key point in the customer buying journey and we’re helping sales continually improve conversion rates.
- Manage BAU website updates through to production.
- Own the management of content on our sales enablement platform (Seismic) and across the website.
- Continually evolve and optimise our content using data and insight, as well as feedback from the sales team.
- Stock control of marketing materials (weekly management of stock levels and reordering when appropriate).
- Work closely with the marketing manager to set campaign strategies.
- Execute campaigns including defining targeting, creating content, deciding on the channel mix and creating promotional assets.
- Help create automated customer journeys through Microsoft Dynamics for Marketing.
- Manage campaigns through to execution through our central marketing function.
- Report against key KPIs and take learnings into future programmes.
Product & Customer
- Gain brilliant product, customer and market knowledge.
- Become an expert in financial promotions and ensure all our activity is financially compliant.
- Be a gatekeeper of quality – make best-in-market content whilst demonstrating attention to detail. We’re known in the industry for our high-quality marketing and want to keep this reputation.
- Good generalist marketer (some experience in financial services, insurance, professional services, or a regulated environment would be advantageous).
- Excellent writer and storyteller, with experience creating content.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience running campaigns and optimizing using data and insights.
- Ability to collaborate and lead laterally to deliver through others.
- You ideally have experience getting the most of marketing tech and have worked with Google Analytics (or similar), CRM, and a marketing automation platform.
- And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
- Ambitious and curious.
- Have experience engaging and influencing stakeholders.
- Can juggle many plates at once.
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year