Recoveries Manager – Octopus Real Estate
Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 30 September 2022
Octopus Real Estate
Octopus Real Estate, part of certified B-corp Octopus Group, is a leading UK specialist real estate investor. With over £3.7 billion under management, we focus on property lending and healthcare. The property lending team provides bespoke, customer focused financing solutions across the residential, commercial and development sectors. The team has lent more than £5.7 billion across over 4,100 loans, providing competitively priced financing throughout the UK and spanning the property investment lifecycle, with loans typically ranging from £100,000 to £50 million.
About the Role
As a Recoveries Manager, you love complexity and problem-solving. You will deliver a key role in the credit function, supporting and managing non-performing Real Estate debt. You take pride in delivering an exceptional customer journey, in often difficult circumstances.
What you'll do
- Build a strong working relationship with the Customer team, working in collaboration to identify loans reaching maturity that may need your expertise
- Be proactive and timely when instructing solicitors, receivers, administrators and other third parties
- Monitor existing non-performing loans, including payment performance, arrears management and recommend strategies for loan recovery
- Undertake all data processing to ensure non-performing loans are accurately monitored
- Provide exceptional customer service at every turn, by phone and email.
- Produce forecasts of redemption activity and regularly liaise with the finance department
What you'll bring
- Experience working with insolvency practitioners and by extension, receivers, administrators etc.
- A good understanding of legal processes and requirements regarding non-performing loans
- A joy for working with high levels of detail and complexity
- A strong team player ethos, with the ability to collaborate with peers across teams
- The innate ability to take ownership of resolving issues and bring solutions to the table
- A desire to continually improve our processes by suggesting improvements
- Used to working within a fast-paced environment with an ability to prioritise tasks from a high work-flow
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.