Octopus is a group of innovative, entrepreneurial businesses investing in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world. We are experts in financial services and energy, and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors. Our energy supply business is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, reaching 3.1 million customers in just five years, and is the only supplier to be recommended by Which? four years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Seccl Technology are all part of Octopus Group. Visit octopusgroup.com.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
Labs use the latest technology to build state of the art systems to support our business processes. Our team are constantly looking for new technologies, and people at all levels of the function are encourage and expected to contribute with ideas on how we can improve our products. We embrace diversity and have people from a wide range of backgrounds working both in the UK and from countries around the world.
About the Role
This is a senior position within our Production Systems Management function which manages our customer facing live services including Octopus Online (our customer portal), our corporate websites, our CRM systems and our core investment services platform.
We are currently completing our transition to a new cloud native and event driven architecture, utilising future proofing capabilities including microservices and APIs, providing an amazing opportunity for you to employ and optimise your skills in a recognised market leader in finance.
What You’ll Do
- Daily support and maintenance of production applications.
- Monitoring application performance and stability.
- Collaborating with relevant application product owners to improve support & communication.
- Providing ad-hoc specialist support for implementations and projects.
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team on application support and stakeholder management
Who You Are
- You have a good level of software & application support experience
- Exposure to ITIL fundamentals in an enterprise environment
- You have a good level of experience in Cloud-native environments and cloud platforms, and APIs, preferably on Azure
- You understand the potential of microservices; even better, you have a working knowledge of this environment
- Appreciation of automation and tooling to support application workflows and maintenance – PowerShell, Python.
- Ability to query relational databases – e.g., T-SQL
- You create documentation because you enjoy it!
- Appreciation of how functional fit and technical stability of applications underpin business efficiency.
- You are a champion of operational risk reduction in a technology environment.
- Understanding of the difference between individual and institutional investors.
- Exposure to supporting buy-side portfolio management and the trade lifecycle – front, middle and back office / accounting in a level 1 capacity.
- HOW is just as important as WHAT you do.
- You are a confident communicator, enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
- You love to solve problems - things happen and you're there to fix them.
- A good understanding of how applications are promoted from development into production and the key risk points impacting an application support operation – i.e., the SDLC.
- You have a passion for customer experience and a commitment to exceeding expectations.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.