Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
About the Role
As one of our Vendor Managers, you’ll be responsible for sourcing, purchasing, record keeping, procurement lifecycle, and stakeholder management. Furthermore, you’ll drive continuous improvement in our procurement practices, and refining processes through technology and innovation.
What you’ll do
- Drive continuous improvement in our procurement practices
- Make sure we’re is getting value for money from our suppliers
- Regularly reviewing the vendors we’re using, enhancing and maintaining those relationships and ensuring they can service the business
- Record keeping
- Sourcing – RFPs
- Procurement lifecycle
- Vendor due diligence
What you’ll need
- Experience delivering Procurement best practice in a multi-discipline business
- Proven ability to help report on spend and service to senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to collaborate, support and work in a team
- Basic ability to interpret legal clauses in contracts for goods and services
- Expertise in Excel and data analytics that enable you to create meaningful insights
- A methodical and analytical mindset and can apply procurement theory in a flexible and effective manner
- Proven track record of delivering great vendor relationships
- Able to operate at a strategic level and develop tools and tactics at an operational level that will contribute to our strategic goals
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.