Questions are powerful things
Discover a brighter way
They change the way we think. They open the doors to all kinds of new possibilities. And they can help all of us to work out what ‘better’ could look like.
Welcome to Octopus, a group of businesses that question things to make them better. For the last 17 years we’ve been applying our inquisitive nature in sectors such as investments, healthcare and energy. Because together, our questions might just help change the world.
Building better businesses
- Changing the world of investing for the better, with simple, jargon-free products that do what they're supposed to. Discover
- Improving people's health and wellbeing by investing in care homes, hospitals, surgeries and schools. Discover
Investing £100 million a year into unusually talented entrepreneurs intent on building big businesses.
- Providing fast and flexible loans to UK residential and commercial property developers and investors. Discover
- Not only one of the UK's biggest generators of renewable energy, but also one of its top-rated energy suppliers. Discover
Blending financial expertise with
cutting-edge innovation to build smart,
easy-to-use products and services.
Questions lead to better
- How can businesses retain their culture as they grow? Simon Rogerson offers words of advice to smaller companies suffering growing pains Read more
- In praise of the relentlessly curious Sam Handfield-Jones believes the riskiest thing a business can do is play it safe. Read more
- Five business trends that will dominate 2018 Simon Rogerson pinpoints key trends companies should stay on top of Read more
- The virtuous circle of investing in an ageing society Our ageing population needs better retirement options, says Mike Adams of Octopus Healthcare Read more
- Support for special educational needs and disabilities 1.2 million children have special education needs and disabilities. Aurora Group is making a difference. Read more
- What does bitcoin have in common with sardines? Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are transforming how we control personal data and wealth. Read more
- Helping people climb the wall of worry Our survey shows that plenty keeps us awake at night, but help could be at hand. Read more
- It’s official: too much choice can be bad for you Too many of us suffer from the ‘paradox of choice’, according to the latest Octopus/YouGov survey. Read more