Questions are powerful things
Discover a brighter way
They change the way we think. They open the doors to all kinds of new possibilities. And they can help all of us to work out what ‘better’ could look like.
Welcome to Octopus, a group of businesses that question things to make them better. For the last 17 years we’ve been applying our inquisitive nature in sectors such as investments, healthcare and energy. Because together, our questions might just help change the world.
Building better businesses
- Changing the world of investing for the better, with simple, jargon-free products that do what they're supposed to. Discover
- Improving people's health and wellbeing by investing in care homes, hospitals, surgeries and schools. Discover
Investing £100 million a year into unusually talented entrepreneurs intent on building big businesses.
- Providing fast and flexible loans to UK residential and commercial property developers and investors. Discover
- Not only one of the UK's biggest generators of renewable energy, but also one of its top-rated energy suppliers. Discover
Blending financial expertise with
cutting-edge innovation to build smart,
easy-to-use products and services.
Questions lead to better
- 10 questions for our new charity partner – MyBnk Eve Len of MyBnk describes the charity’s financial and enterprise education programmes. Read more
- 10 questions for our new charity partner FoodCycle FoodCycle feeds communities across the UK. Mary McGrath explains how it all started. Read more
- 10 questions for new charity partner Choir with No Name Marie Benton of Choir with No Name describes how the charity empowers homeless and marginalised people. Read more
- 10 questions for our new charity partner – Downright Excellent Ann Reynard of Downright Excellent tells us about its work with children with Down syndrome. Read more
- Working at Octopus won’t leave you feeling trapped behind a desk Two Octopus employees will soon be applying their skills on the other side of the world. Read more
- What can CEOs do to help rebuild business trust? People don’t trust the businesses they interact with, says Simon Rogerson. But CEOs can change this. Read more
- Intelligent by design: the business case for AI Simon King explains why artificial intelligence is so exciting for venture capitalists. Read more
- How can businesses retain their culture as they grow? Simon Rogerson offers words of advice to smaller companies suffering growing pains Read more
- The role for private capital in creating a renewable UK Matt Setchell asks, could private capital unlock a more sustainable renewable future for the UK? Read more
- In praise of the relentlessly curious Sam Handfield-Jones believes the riskiest thing a business can do is play it safe. Read more
- Five business trends that will dominate 2018 Simon Rogerson pinpoints key trends companies should stay on top of Read more
- The virtuous circle of investing in an ageing society Our ageing population needs better retirement options, says Mike Adams of Octopus Healthcare Read more
- Support for special educational needs and disabilities 1.2 million children have special education needs and disabilities. Aurora Group is making a difference. Read more
- What does bitcoin have in common with sardines? Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are transforming how we control personal data and wealth. Read more
- Helping people climb the wall of worry Our survey shows that plenty keeps us awake at night, but help could be at hand. Read more
- It’s official: too much choice can be bad for you Too many of us suffer from the ‘paradox of choice’, according to the latest Octopus/YouGov survey. Read more