Welcome to Octopus
What if thereʼs a brighter way to do business? At Octopus weʼre obsessed with answering that question. And for the last 17 years itʼs been leading us in some exciting directions.
We’ve grown rapidly by focusing on investments, energy and healthcare. We’re known for innovation, doing the simple things well and for customer service that goes the extra mile.
Because when you put people first, you can make life better for everyone. And that’s the way it should be.
- Changing the world of investing for the better, with simple, jargon-free products that do what they're supposed to. Discover
- Improving people's health and wellbeing by investing in care homes, hospitals, surgeries and schools. Discover
Investing £100 million a year into unusually talented entrepreneurs intent on building big businesses.
- Providing fast and flexible loans to UK residential and commercial property developers and investors. Discover
- Not only one of the UK's biggest generators of renewable energy, but also one of its top-rated energy suppliers. Discover
Blending financial expertise with
cutting-edge innovation to build smart,
easy-to-use products and services.
Latest news and insights
- Property investors make £3.3billion commitment to kick-start next generation of NHS medical centres The UK’s three leading primary care property investors have pledged over £3billion to support the development of the NHS’s primary care estate and meet recommendations set out in the Government backed Naylor Review. The Primary Care Buildings Pledge, made today by Primary Health Properties plc (PHP plc), Octopus Healthcare (Adviser to the MedicX Fund )and Assura plc, could […] Read More
- Octopus Group appoints new Chief Financial Officer Octopus, the company that is building businesses to transform broken industries and currently manages more than £7 billion, today announced the appointment of Helen Cowing as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the Group. The appointment comes as the Group embarks on its ambitious next phase of growth. This includes plans to almost triple institutional assets […] Read More
- Octopus acquires 149MW portfolio of four UK-based onshore wind projects The acquisition of onshore wind projects from Blue Energy will provide enough energy to power around 125,000 households. Octopus Investments (“Octopus”) and Blue Energy today announced the acquisition of a 149MW portfolio of four UK-based onshore wind projects by funds managed by Octopus. The acquisition consolidates Octopus’ position as a leading renewable energy operator in […] Read More
- Octopus founders named EY London & South Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 From their front room to one of the fastest growing private businesses in the world. London, Wednesday 28th June 2017: Simon Rogerson, Group Chief Executive, and Christopher Hulatt, Founder of London-based Octopus Capital, were named ‘EY London & South Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 overall winner’ at an awards ceremony at BAFTA in the capital last […] Read More
- How do we meet demand for aspirational retirement housing The Platinum Generation (aka the Baby Boomers, the Golden Generation, or the over 65s) are estimated to be sitting on £1.031 trillion of housing equity! Many of them would like to downsize into retirement accommodation and free up some of this equity, but there is a serious shortage of suitable retirement housing to downsize into. […] Read More
- Octopus embraces Apps for Good Some of the most creative and responsive technology-based ideas come from the youngest consumers. That’s why Octopus is proud to be a sponsor of Apps for Good, a charity that helps budding young entrepreneurs create tech products that tackle problems or issues they care about. On 20th June, finalists taking part in the nationwide Apps […] Read More