Questions are powerful things
Discover a brighter way
They change the way we think. They open the doors to all kinds of new possibilities. And they can help all of us to work out what ‘better’ could look like.
Welcome to Octopus, a group of businesses that question things to make them better. For the last 17 years we’ve been applying our inquisitive nature in sectors such as investments, healthcare and energy. Because together, our questions might just help change the world.
Building better businesses
- Changing the world of investing for the better, with simple, jargon-free products that do what they're supposed to. Discover
- Improving people's health and wellbeing by investing in care homes, hospitals, surgeries and schools. Discover
Investing £100 million a year into unusually talented entrepreneurs intent on building big businesses.
- Providing fast and flexible loans to UK residential and commercial property developers and investors. Discover
- Not only one of the UK's biggest generators of renewable energy, but also one of its top-rated energy suppliers. Discover
Blending financial expertise with
cutting-edge innovation to build smart,
easy-to-use products and services.
Questions lead to better
- Octopus Property launches next institutional real estate debt fund Building on a successful track record of raising and deploying institutional capital. Read more
- Octopus Group appoints new Chief Financial Officer Octopus, the company that is building businesses to transform broken industries and currently manages more than £7 billion, today announced the appointment of Helen Cowing as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the Group. The appointment comes as the Group embarks on its ambitious next phase of growth. This includes plans to almost triple institutional assets […] Read more
- Octopus acquires 149MW portfolio of four UK-based onshore wind projects The acquisition of onshore wind projects from Blue Energy will provide enough energy to power around 125,000 households. Octopus Investments (“Octopus”) and Blue Energy today announced the acquisition of a 149MW portfolio of four UK-based onshore wind projects by funds managed by Octopus. The acquisition consolidates Octopus’ position as a leading renewable energy operator in […] Read more
- Octopus founders named EY London & South Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 From their front room to one of the fastest growing private businesses in the world. London, Wednesday 28th June 2017: Simon Rogerson, Group Chief Executive, and Christopher Hulatt, Founder of London-based Octopus Capital, were named ‘EY London & South Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 overall winner’ at an awards ceremony at BAFTA in the capital last […] Read more
- How do we meet demand for aspirational retirement housing The Platinum Generation (aka the Baby Boomers, the Golden Generation, or the over 65s) are estimated to be sitting on £1.031 trillion of housing equity! Many of them would like to downsize into retirement accommodation and free up some of this equity, but there is a serious shortage of suitable retirement housing to downsize into. […] Read more
- Octopus embraces Apps for Good Some of the most creative and responsive technology-based ideas come from the youngest consumers. That’s why Octopus is proud to be a sponsor of Apps for Good, a charity that helps budding young entrepreneurs create tech products that tackle problems or issues they care about. On 20th June, finalists taking part in the nationwide Apps […] Read more