Questions are powerful things
Discover a brighter way
They change the way we think. They open the doors to all kinds of new possibilities. And they can help all of us to work out what ‘better’ could look like.
Welcome to Octopus, a group of businesses that question things to make them better. For the last 17 years we’ve been applying our inquisitive nature in sectors such as investments, healthcare and energy. Because together, our questions might just help change the world.
Building better businesses
- Changing the world of investing for the better, with simple, jargon-free products that do what they're supposed to. Discover
- Improving people's health and wellbeing by investing in care homes, hospitals, surgeries and schools. Discover
Investing £100 million a year into unusually talented entrepreneurs intent on building big businesses.
- Providing fast and flexible loans to UK residential and commercial property developers and investors. Discover
- Not only one of the UK's biggest generators of renewable energy, but also one of its top-rated energy suppliers. Discover
Blending financial expertise with
cutting-edge innovation to build smart,
easy-to-use products and services.
Questions lead to better
- Octopus Live Lab 2018: nurturing the entrepreneurial spirit Octopus Labs believes in encouraging the entrepreneurial mindset at every opportunity. Read more
- A refreshing alternative to companies behaving badly Octopus is creating something special by tackling industries where customers deserve better. Read more
- Rewarding entrepreneurship: a US perspective Priscila Bala of Octopus Ventures explores how the US supports high growth small businesses. Read more
- Expansion is all about making the right connections Companies need help promoting themselves overseas, suggests entrepreneur Chris Wade. Read more
- Helping high growth small businesses reach the next level More can be done to help nurture innovation and growth, says Rebecca Hunt of Octopus Ventures. Read more
- Speak the same language as your customers – or face the backlash The power dynamic between companies and customers is shifting, says Simon Rogerson. Read more
- We should learn from the little guys to get out of our productivity rut The most successful businesses take measured risks, as Chris Hulatt explains. Read more
- These companies are the lifeblood of the UK economy Simon Rogerson reveals why Octopus is so passionate about high growth small businesses. Read more
- What can the UK do to increase digital skills? Sam Handfield-Jones believes the UK’s technical skills gap is an increasingly urgent issue. Read more
- Give entrepreneurs the environment they need to flourish Alex Macpherson outlines the funding challenges facing UK high growth small businesses. Read more
- Octopus Property is taking employee wellness to the next level We asked the team at Octopus Property for suggestions on how to improve their wellness at work Read more
- The right and wrong ways to respond to stress @ work Chartered Psychologist Rob Archer shares some tips on handling stress in the workplace. Read more
- Six reasons why resilience is your strongest superpower As part of our wellness at work series, some thoughts on the value of resilience in the workplace. Read more
- Mental health in the workplace is a big priority for Octopus this year. Here’s why Companies should play an active role in the mental health of employees, says Simon Rogerson. Read more