- Which? customer ratings give Octopus Energy the top spot, with an overall customer high-score of 80%
- Only supplier with five star rankings for all categories – bill accuracy, online and phone customer service, value for money and overall ranking
- Since the 2018 ranking, Octopus Energy has trebled its customer numbers to more than 450,000 households, including 90,000 customers from failed supplier Iresa
- Proprietary technology ensures Octopus Energy can rapidly scale and innovate
Today Which?’s annual customer satisfaction survey for the energy industry ranks Octopus Energy as the only recommended supplier for the second year in a row. The company also jumped to the top of the Which? Energy Provider rankings. Octopus Energy received five star rankings in all categories, the only company to achieve this.
Octopus Energy, which supplies more than 450,000 homes, was rated as good or excellent value for money by nine in 10 customers and 96 per cent of its customers gave it the good or excellent rating for online customer service.
Greg Jackson, Founder and CEO attributes Octopus Energy’s performance to the industry leading technology the company has developed and the diverse mix of people involved in the business, stating:
“We’re delighted to once again be recognised by Which? and most importantly by our customers. Our ambition was always to show that it was possible to do energy differently. We are the only significant energy retailer to have built a 21st century digital platform, investing in disruptive technology to provide customers with outstanding service and pave the way to a smart, clean energy future.”
“This Which? ranking is a real testament to the talent and commitment of our employees, whether it is people developing our technology, speaking to our customers or responding online. And it is not just people in our offices, but we have a flexible, highly skilled customer-facing remote team working out of hours across digital platforms – this is only possible because of our technology and ensures we are always available for our customers.”
The accolade from Which? caps a pivotal year for Octopus Energy, including:
- More than trebling its customer numbers to over 450,000 households.
- Rescuing almost 100,000 of the unhappiest customers from failed suppliers including Iresa, with Ofgem citing Octopus’ technology and approach as central to its ability to handle Iresa’s customers.
- Introducing ground breaking innovations, such launching the first smart time-of-use tariff Agile Octopus and partnering with Silicon Valley’s ‘If This Then That’ platform to integrate smart energy with consumer tech.
- Launching M&S’s new energy business.
For journalists in their professional capacity only. Issued by Octopus Energy Ltd. Registered office: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT. Registered in England and Wales No. 09263424. Issued: January 2019.