Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we're experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.5* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds under management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31 March 2022.
About the Role
We’re looking for a People Operations Lead to lead our HR Business Partner and HR Operations Teams reporting to the People Director.
As a member of the People Leadership Team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an instant impact, leading key projects such as strategic workforce planning, our reward and retention strategy, further embedding our new HRIS and driving process improvement initiatives. You’ll have the freedom to shape how your Teams work with and support the business.
We’re a fast paced and busy team supporting an ambitious, high growth organisation looking to retain and develop diverse talent. You’ll lead the People Operations team, providing strategic leadership through implementing effective processes, policies, and initiatives. You’ll have a passion for delivering high customer service and have experience in leading a HRBP team to effectively embed people processes.
Core responsibilities will include:
This is a new role in the People Team bringing together the HRBP and People Operations Teams. You’ll be joining an entrepreneurial environment where the only thing that is constant is change!
- Lead, coach and develop the HRBP (4 HRBPs) and the People Operations Teams (6 people)
- Plan, lead and participate in strategic projects within the People function or more broadly to provide expertise and direction for corporate projects
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of multiple evolving HR processes and policies
- Ensure the service exceeds all operational KPIs and delivers an exceptional level of customer service
- Manages the performance review and reward process, driving a feedback culture through open and transparent dialogue
- Continuously analyses trends and metrics and the employee pulse and cultural climate to proactively identify issues
- Work in partnership with the People Leadership team to develop high impact solutions, programs, and policies.
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be curious and seek to learn and improve whilst instilling automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
- Extensive experience of managing HR Business Partnering and People Operation teams
- Previous experience in a HR Business Partnering role within a high growth organisation
- High level of experience and expertise in performance and remuneration and understanding commercial considerations of reward
- A robust knowledge of UK employment law and employee relations expertise
- Qualification in CIPD is preferred but not essential.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.